The power of place, permanence, and purpose.
After five years of welcoming people home to our intergenerational community in North Portland, we feel an ethical responsibility to broaden the impact on families well beyond the existing neighborhood.
Given the growing numbers of those in foster care and the increasing needs of adoptive families and elders, we feel a grand sense of urgency to create more Bridge Meadows communities as well as serve youth who are transitioning out of foster care.
We are excited for the opportunity to be breaking ground on two additional projects in the next 12 months. Bridge Meadows-Beaverton will replicate the successful 3-generation approach; and, New Meadows will provide youth who have aged out of the foster care system without a permanent family access to the housing, skills and supportive relationships they need.
Learn more about how you can join us in building place, permanence and purpose one community at a time.Learn More
- Bridge Meadows wins Innovation in Fostering - USA 2017 award!
- Bridge Meadows featured in Yes! magazine
- Portland Business Journal: Bridge Meadows | Beaverton Groundbreaking
- Executive Director Dr. Derenda Schubert appears on "Leadership Matters" radio program
- KGW News: VanderVeer Center gives Bridge Meadows residents relaxing gift (Video)
- Bridge Meadows in Reader's Digest: "13 Unsung Heroes Who Will Restore Your Faith in Our Country"
- Bridge Meadows featured in The Wall Street Journal: “How to Make the Most of Longer Lives"
- Shop at AmazonSmile and Amazon will make a donation to Bridge Meadows!
- Participate in the Fred Meyer Community Rewards Program
- Bridge Meadows mentioned in Harvard Business Review
- Young Resident's Artwork to be Showcased at Portland Art Museum - The artwork of a young Bridge Meadows resident was recently selected out of thousands of pieces to represent her school at The HEART of Portland, a Portland Public School K-12 Arts Showcase, at the Portland Art Museum.
- Housing Unit Gives Low-Income Seniors Reduced Rent For Volunteering With Foster Kids - Featured in The Huffington Post: The intrigue and interest around Bridge Meadows’ intergenerational community in the Portsmouth neighborhood of North Portland continues to spread across the nation.
- PBS News Hour at Bridge Meadows - "At a special housing development in Oregon, families who adopt foster children live side by side with seniors who volunteer their time in exchange for affordable rent. The NewsHour's Cat Wise reports how members of the intergenerational community find support and connection together."